Rahul, Priyanka Gandhi continue dharna at Parliament Street Police Station with pellet victim; demand FIR

New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition (LoP) in the Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi continued his sit-in outside the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police at Delhi’s Parliament Street Police Station on Friday, protesting the alleged refusal of the police to register an FIR on a complaint by a student who, the Congress claimed, suffered pellet-gun injuries during last month’s protests demanding education reforms at Jantar Mantar.

 

Congress MP Priyanka Gandhi Vadra also joined LoP Rahul Gandhi during the dharna.

Speaking with Priyanka Gandhi Vadra while staging the sit-in outside the DCP office, LoP Rahul Gandhi questioned the police’s stand on the alleged use of pellet guns against the students.

“See, the Delhi Police said that ‘we didn’t shoot the pellet gun’. But here is the boy who got hit by a pellet gun. Maybe he shot himself? We don’t know. An FIR for that has to be filed,” LoP Gandhi said.

Addressing reporters, the Lok Sabha LoP stated that the police were sending them from one police station to another instead of registering the complaint.

“They are sending us from one station to another. We will not go from here because they will not file the FIR. An FIR should be registered,” he said.

LoP Rahul Gandhi further said, “Pellet gun was used at Connaught Place on 20th July. AIIMS report clearly says that there are more than 200 shells inside his body and 3 in his eye. He has lost vision in that eye. There are shells near his heart that cannot be touched. Delhi Police say they did not fire pellet guns. So, there is just one question: Someone must have done it.”

“A crime has indeed happened…We are demanding that an FIR be registered. They told us that they have received order from the top and they cannot file an FIR. We won’t budge from here until an FIR is registered…All we demand is justice for this family…In this country, Amit Shah’s Home Ministry and Delhi Police personnel won’t let justice happen,” LoP Rahul Gandhi claimed.

LoP Rahul Gandhi took to social media ‘X’ and said, “Today, I went to the DCP office at Parliament Street to file an FIR against the police brutality faced by Sahil Lochab. On July 20, the police attacked Sahil, who was peacefully protesting at Jantar Mantar, with a pellet gun. Severely injured by the pellets, Sahil’s vision in one eye is now at risk.”

“Such brutality against a peaceful protest is not just illegal—it’s a serious crime. Neither has Home Minister Amit Shah offered any explanation to the students for this cruelty, nor has the Prime Minister apologised to them,” he said in the post.

Rahul Gandhi further said that action will be taken against everyone who is responsible.

“Now, when Sahil wants to file an FIR for justice, even that is not being allowed. In this way, the Constitution and constitutional rights are being trampled upon. Amit Shah ji, why are you so scared of justice? This fear shows that you are admitting to your crime. The FIR will be filed. A judicial enquiry will take place. And action will be taken against everyone—from top to bottom—who is guilty of this brutality. We will ensure justice for Sahil, and every student victim like him,” he said.

IANS

 

After villagers attack team, CJP gives Rajasthan education minister 48-hour ultimatum

Jaipur: Cockroach Janata Party (CJP) co-convener Ashutosh Ranka has launched a sharp attack on the Rajasthan government following an alleged assault on CJP activists who had gone to inspect the...

Several religious, political outfits observe Punjab shutdown today

Chandigarh: Several Sikh religious and political organisations seeking the release of Sikh inmates, who have completed their prison terms, on Friday gave a statewide shutdown of Punjab till 2 p.m....

New J&K High Court bench to come up in Ladakh, announces HM Amit Shah

New Delhi/Leh: The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the establishment of a bench of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh in the Union Territory of Ladakh, Union...

Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir elected Bangladesh’s 23rd President

Dhaka: BNP candidate Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir was elected as the 23rd President of Bangladesh on Thursday after defeating Oli Ahmed, the candidate backed by Jamaat-e-Islami-led 11-party alliance, local media...

Iran’s President says negotiation with US does not mean surrender

Tehran: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has said that negotiating with the United States did not mean surrender.   At a conference in Tehran on Wednesday (local time), Pezeshkian stressed the...

Close alignment on India’s MAHASAGAR, Japan’s FOIP more important than ever before: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said that a close alignment between India's MAHASAGAR vision and Japan's Free and Open Indo-Pacific (FOIP) initiative is "more important now than...

Jharkhand: Students move HC against cancellation of recruitment exams, hearing on four petitions at 3 PM

Ranchi: The legal battle launched by affected candidates against Jharkhand government's decision to cancel 22 recruitment examinations has intensified, with four petitions challenging the move filed in the High Court...

Sajjan Kumar, convicted in 1984 anti-Sikh riots cases, dies at 80

New Delhi: Former Congress MP, Sajjan Kumar, who was serving life imprisonment in connection with cases arising from the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, died on Thursday at a Delhi hospital. He...

Bangladesh: Shibir-backed event for extremist triggers widespread concerns

Dhaka: Citing it as a "dangerous" development, a report has highlighted that Islami Chhatra Shibir, the student wing of Bangladesh's radical Islamist party Jamaat-e-Islami, is seeking to establish extremist Asif...

EU leaders voice support for ICC after US sanctions

Brussels: The European Union (EU) leaders on Wednesday voiced firm support for the International Criminal Court (ICC), a day after the United States imposed sanctions on the court's president and...

Pinarayi Vijayan sounds alarm over Census questions, sees NPR agenda

Thiruvananthapuram; Kerala's Leader of Opposition Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday accused the Centre of attempting to use the forthcoming Census to advance the agenda of the National Population Register (NPR) and...

Jharkhand exam cancellations spark fresh protests, selected candidates storm Secretariat campus

Ranchi: Protests by candidates who cleared recruitment examinations and employees affected by the cancellation of appointments intensified in Jharkhand following the state government's decision to cancel several JPSC and JSSC...

Read Previous

Sebastian Ingrosso announced as second headliner for Sunburn Festival 2026 in India

Read Next

Jharkhand High Court now stays orders cancelling JSSC-CGL and CDPO appointments

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com