Outrage in UP’s Muzaffarnagar over minor Dalit girl’s gang rape; two arrested, govt assures strict action

Muzaffarnagar: Two people, including a doctor, have been arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar in connection with the alleged abduction and gang rape of a 17-year-old Dalit girl, officials said, after the case triggered an intensive police search operation across the district.

 

The City Kotwali police recovered the minor girl following a three-day search and subsequently arrested the two accused, identified as Nazim and Mohammad Adil. According to the police, the girl was allegedly abducted by Nazim, and Mohammad Adil is accused of assisting him in the crime.

After receiving information regarding the girl’s disappearance and the suspected offence, the police launched an extensive search operation to trace her whereabouts and identify those allegedly involved in the incident.

The investigation was intensified as teams searched multiple locations and examined CCTV footage from across the area. Investigators reportedly scrutinised footage from around 600 CCTV cameras to establish the movements of the accused and trace the missing girl.

Speaking to reporters, the victim’s mother described the incident as a serious atrocity against her daughter and demanded the strictest punishment for those responsible.

“This was a very serious atrocity against a Dalit girl. It is an extremely grave injustice against girls and our community and the entire society. We do not want anything except the death penalty. We want justice. We want bulldozers to be used against all the accused’s properties, including the house and the college,” she said.

Uttar Pradesh Minister Kapil Dev Agarwal said the victim had been missing for several days and that the police action was being pursued seriously.

Speaking to reporters, Agarwal said, “A young girl had been missing for four days; she is a minor belonging to the SC community. When she was recovered, according to the statement given by the child as conveyed to me by her family members, multiple individuals gang-raped her. Not once or twice, but repeatedly, three to four times.”

“Individuals from a specific community were found involved in this. Police shot one of them in the leg while he was trying to flee, and two have been arrested and sent to jail,” he added.

The Minister further said that the strictest possible action would be taken against those found responsible and that clear instructions had been issued to the district police leadership to ensure there was no compromise in the investigation.

“The strictest possible action will be taken, and instructions have been issued to the Police Captain (SSP) that there will be no compromise under any circumstances,” Agarwal said.

He further said that the names of a school and a hospital had emerged during the investigation and that action would be taken against them if their involvement or complicity was established.

“Furthermore, since the names of a school and a hospital have surfaced, if they are found complicit during the investigation, the strictest action will be taken against them as well. The perpetrator, anyone who commits such an act, clearly has a depraved, sickening mindset. And the government is dealing strictly with such elements,” the minister said.

Agarwal also said that provisions of the Gangsters Act and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act would be invoked in the case.

According to investigators, police teams worked extensively to trace the girl and establish the movements of the accused. CCTV footage from approximately 600 cameras was examined as part of the operation, helping investigators narrow down the locations and movements linked to the case.

After the recovery of minor on Friday, the police confronted accused Nazim later that night, during which he was injured in the leg. His accomplice, Doctor Mohammad Adil, was also arrested.

The police have registered a case against both accused under Sections 64(1) and 70(1) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), along with relevant provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.

After being produced before a court, both accused were sent to judicial custody on Saturday, officials said.

IANS

 

Man hacked to death by bike-borne men at traffic signal in Bengaluru

Bengaluru: An incident in which a man was hacked to death in full public view at a traffic signal near the Madiwala underpass came to light on Sunday, raising fresh...

NHRC seeks report on allegations against Punjab CM’s wife of allegedly suppressing rape case for Rs 5 Cr

New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has taken cognisance of allegations that the wife of Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann allegedly sought Rs 5 crore to suppress a...

Attempt to murder case filed against Telangana minister’s former OSD

Hyderabad: An attempt to murder case has been registered against former OSD to Telangana’s Forest and Endowments Minister Konda Surekha, who is currently in the eye of a storm in...

Retired Colonel, wife held under ‘digital arrest’ lose Rs 15.50 lakh; Delhi Police nab 4

New Delhi: The Cyber Police Station of Delhi's South-West District has busted an interstate cyber-fraud facilitation network involved in sophisticated digital arrest scams and arrested four accused from Punjab and...

Lucknow horror: SBI employee kills estranged wife, sister before committing suicide

Lucknow: A shocking incident of alleged double murder followed by suicide sent shockwaves across Lucknow on Thursday after a bank employee allegedly shot dead his estranged wife outside her workplace,...

‘Money, slipping mask’: Two Class 10 students held for murdering school Principal in Telangana

Hyderabad: Two Class 10 students have been detained for the brutal murder of the Principal and Director of their school in Telangana’s Nalgonda district, police said on Wednesday. More than...

Ram temple donation theft case: Champat Rai, Anil Mishra get clean chit from SIT

Ayodhya: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the alleged theft of donations at the Ram Temple in Ayodhya has given a clean chit to former Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra...

‘Let me die in peace’: CBI chargesheet reconstructs Twisha Sharma’s final 90 minutes

Bhopal: The final hours of 34-year-old Twisha Sharma's life have been reconstructed in a 600-page chargesheet filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which has accused her husband Samarth...

Netaji statue in Kolkata vandalised, police launches probe

Kolkata: A fresh controversy has surfaced in Kolkata after the statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was spotted vandalised with its right arm broken at the posh New Alipore area...

Fresh complaint filed against Abhishek Banerjee in Diamond Harbour over 2020 attack case

Kolkata: Another police complaint has been filed against Diamond Harbour Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha MP Abhishek Banerjee on Thursday.   Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Abhijit Das alias Bobby has...

Mobile phone found in Prajwal Revanna’s barrack at B’luru Central Jail; Officer suspended

Bengaluru:A mobile phone was found in the barrack of former Hassan MP Prajwal Revanna, who is serving a life sentence at Bengaluru’s Parappana Agrahara Central Prison in connection with a...

J&K SIA raids nine places in 1990 killing of Kashmiri Pandit poet, son

Srinagar: The Special Investigation Agency (SIA) of J&K Police on Wednesday carried out raids at nine places in connection with a 1990 double murder case. Officials said that the sleuths...

Read Previous

Dialogue with youth should not be limited to political discussions: Devendra Nath Mahto

Read Next

Iran warns countries against joining US ‘economic pressure campaign’

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com