Iran rejects UAE’s missile launch claim

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei on Wednesday rejected the United Arab Emirates’ claim that Iran had launched a missile toward the country.

 

The denial came after the UAE said on Tuesday that it had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran earlier that day.

Baghaei expressed regret over the accusation against Iran, saying the UAE’s move runs counter to the principle of good neighbourliness and undermines ongoing efforts to build trust among regional countries and prevent the intensification of insecurity in West Asia.

He called on all regional countries to refrain from leveling “baseless” accusations against Iran given the “existing complications owing to the continued malicious acts by the United States and Israel against peace and security in the region, especially the history of numerous false-flag operations.”

The UAE’s Ministry of Defence said Tuesday that the first missile fell outside the country’s territorial waters, while the second fell within them, Xinhua news agency reported. It said the country remained on high alert and fully prepared to deal with any threats and confront anything that could undermine its security, sovereignty and stability.

It mentioned that the missiles were targeting maritime traffic and, so far, no casualties or damage have been reported in connection with the missiles.

In a statement posted on social media platform X early Wednesday, the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the country has suspended all trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran until further notice.

Afra Al Hameli, Director of the ministry’s strategic communications department, said the decision came amid escalating tensions that undermine regional and international peace and security.

The statement reiterated the UAE’s commitment to dialogue, cooperation and regional integration as essential means of advancing peace, stability and prosperity in the region.

IANS

 

Kuwait envoy hails strong bilateral ties with India, expatriates’ role in communication

New Delhi:Kuwait’s ambassador to India, Mishal Mustafa Al-Shamali, reaffirmed the strength of ties between the two countries while attending Independence Day celebrations at the Presidential Palace here, a new report...

Trump orders halt to Iran talks: Report

Washington: US President Donald Trump on Tuesday (US local time) instructed his top envoys to halt their conversations with Iran, according to a CNN report, citing US officials.   Trump...

Canadian Hindu, civil groups urge Carney govt to allow RSS chief’s visit

Washington: More than 100 Canadian Hindu and civil liberties organisations have urged Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government to allow Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat to visit Canada, rejecting demands...

Qatar says regional efforts focus on reopening Hormuz Strait, reviving US-Iran MoU

Doha: Qatari Foreign Ministry spokesperson Majed Al Ansari said Tuesday that ongoing regional efforts are focused on reopening the Strait of Hormuz and returning to the US-Iran memorandum of understanding...

Araghchi warns of ‘false-flag ploys’ to sow discord between Iran, Iraq’s Kurdistan region

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi has warned about "false-flag ploys" to sow discord between Iran and Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region.   He posted the warning on the social...

UN chief calls for resumption of Iran-US talks

United Nations: UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres calls on Iran and the United States to resume negotiations toward a durable settlement to the conflict, his spokesman said.   Asked at a...

Trump says Iran unwilling to agree to deal he considers necessary

Washington: US President Donald Trump said that Tehran wants to reach an agreement with Washington but is unwilling to accept the kind of deal he considers necessary, as a 60-day...

Public health situation in Gaza, West Bank on brink of collapse: Palestinian envoy

New Delhi: Highlighting the miserable situation in the region, Palestinian Ambassador to India, Abdullah Abu Shawesh, said on Thursday that the health system in Gaza and the West Bank is...

Indian-American teen murders mother, brother in US home; searched ideas about killing family

Washington: A 17-year-old Indian-American boy in Acton, a town about 40 kilometres northwest of Boston, has been charged with murdering his mother and younger brother after investigators said he had...

Trump claims US has ‘total control’ of Hormuz

Washington: US President Donald Trump has said the United States has “total control” over the Strait of Hormuz and indicated that Washington intends to retain its hold over the strategic...

US forces disable ship accused of breaching Iran blockade

Washington: US forces disabled the steering gear of a Panamanian-flagged cargo vessel as it allegedly tried to breach the US blockade of Iranian ports, according to a statement from the...

Houthis claim attacks on Saudi ship, govt-held areas

Sanaa: Yemen's Houthi group has confirmed that it had targeted what it described as a Saudi military equipment transport ship in the strategic Bab al-Mandab Strait, as well as Saudi-backed...

Read Previous

Second suspect in 2022 Nord Stream blast arrested: German prosecutors

Read Next

Hyundai Motor India to hike vehicle prices by up to 1 pc from September

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com