Unacceptable: India expresses deep concern over attack on UAE’s Barakah nuclear facility; calls for restraint, diplomacy

New Delhi: India has expressed serious concern over the reported drone strike targeting the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the United Arab Emirates, describing the incident as a dangerous escalation and urging all sides to exercise restraint and return to diplomatic engagement.

“India is deeply concerned at the attack targeting the Barakah nuclear facility in the UAE. Such actions are unacceptable and represent a dangerous escalation. We urgently call for restraint and a return to dialogue and diplomacy,” the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement.

The reaction from New Delhi comes amid rising tensions in the region and growing international concern over attacks on critical infrastructure, especially nuclear facilities, which are considered highly sensitive under international safety norms.

The Barakah Nuclear Power Plant, located in the Al Dhafra Region of the UAE, is the Arab world’s first operational nuclear power facility and plays a crucial role in the country’s energy infrastructure. Any threat to such installations has raised alarm globally due to concerns related to regional security and nuclear safety.

A fire was reported in the premises of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the Al Dhafra Region of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) after a drone strike, local media reported on Sunday.

“Authorities in Abu Dhabi responded to a fire incident that broke out in an electrical generator outside the inner perimeter of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the Al Dhafra Region, caused by a drone strike,” the Abu Dhabi media office said on X.

No injuries were reported, and there was no impact on radiological safety levels, it added.

“The Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) confirmed that the fire did not affect the safety of the power plant or the readiness of its essential systems, and that all units are operating as normal,” the statement said.

It emphasised that all precautionary measures have been taken, and asked the public to obtain information from official sources only and to avoid spreading rumours or unverified information.

No information regarding the origins of the drone strike was mentioned in the statement.

Earlier this month, the UAE reported several missiles and drones “launched from Iran” towards several areas of the country.

IANS

 

Tibetans urge Chinese Communist Party to release Panchen Lama immediately

Beijing: The International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) and Tibetans, Tibetan Buddhists and Tibet supporters around the world have urged Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to release 11th Panchem Lama immediately and...

Drones strike causes fire in UAE nuclear power plant premises

Abu Dhabi: A fire was reported in the premises of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the Al Dhafra Region of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) after a drone strike,...

Cong leader Adhir Chowdhury writes to Bengal CM over animal slaughter notice, seeking clarity

Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury on Sunday wrote a letter to Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari over the West Bengal government’s May 13 notice on "Animal Slaughter Guidelines", saying...

NEET paper leak probe reaches Maharashtra’s Nanded as CBI conducts marathon raids, interrogation

Nanded (Maharashtra): The probe into the NEET paper leak case has now expanded to Maharashtra’s Nanded district, as a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team carried out surprise operations as...

Tension in Hyderabad area after two groups clash over suspicion of cattle transportation

Hyderabad: Tension prevailed in the Asif Nagar area in Hyderabad after a clash between two groups over the alleged transportation of cattle. Trouble began after a lorry was allegedly stopped...

‘Incredible India’ tourism takes spotlight in streets of Rome with popular buses

Rome: India's cultural and tourist attractions are being promoted across Rome through popular 'Hop On Hop Off' buses, the Embassy of India in Rome said. "'Incredible India' on the move...

Class IX students to study 3 languages, including 2 regional, from July 1: CBSE

New Delhi: Adopting a transitional approach to adjust the CBSE’s Scheme of Studies with the revised NCERT syllabus aligned with the NEP 2020 and National Curriculum Framework for School Education...

Delhi Cabinet cuts VAT rate on Aviation Turbine Fuel from 25 pc to 7 pc

New Delhi: The Delhi government Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Rekha Gupta has decided to reduce the VAT rate on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) in the National Capital Region from...

NEET case: CBI arrests NTA-appointed teacher from Pune for Biology paper leak

New Delhi: In the NEET UG 2026 exam scandal, the CBI has arrested an NTA-appointed senior Botany teacher from Pune, as she is suspected to be the co-mastermind behind the...

K Kavitha writes to PM Modi for removal of Union Minister Bandi Sanjay over POCSO case against his son

Hyderabad: Telangana Rakshana Sena President, K Kavitha, on Saturday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, seeking the immediate removal of Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Bandi...

Jamaat-e-Islami Hind raises concerns over Bhojshala verdict, questions impact on nation’s ‘secular fabric’

New Delhi: The Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (JIH) on Saturday expressed serious concern over the verdict of the Madhya Pradesh High Court declaring the Kamal Maula Mosque (Bhojshala) a temple, saying the...

Trump announces elimination of ISIS second-in-command Abu-Bilal al-Minuki in Nigeria Op

  Washington:US President Donald Trump has announced that Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, described as the second-in-command of ISIS globally, has been killed in a joint operation carried out by American and Nigerian...

Read Previous

NCP supremacy tussle: Sunetra Pawar caught between ‘Young Turks’ and ‘Old Guard’

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com