NCW to Delhi govt: What’s the plan for rehabilitation?

March 2, 2020
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Monday sent a notice to the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government in relation to the violence in the capital that has so far claimed 46 lives.

The copy was marked to Delhi Chief Secretary Vijay Kumar Dev for “information on the state government action plan for the rehabilitation of affected people.”

Apart from seeking to know the rehabilitation plan, the NCW has also sought to know how many people affected by the riots have been provided compensation so far. The woman’s body has also enquired about the specific details of medical assistance provided to the injured as well as arrangements for the stay of the attendants in the government hospitals where the injured are admitted.

A NCW team had visited the riot-affected areas on February 27 and 28 when it also went to GTB Hospital where most of the injured were brought and the majority of the postmortems were being conducted.

So far, at least 46 people have died and more than 250 injured in the deadliest violence in the north-east district of the capital.

Around 80 houses, more than 100 shops, five schools, many petrol pumps were either entirely or partially gutted.

A Delhi Police Head Constable and an Intelligence Bureau staffer were also killed in the rioting. The IB official is said to have suffered 400 stab wounds.

The violence started on February 23 when clashes between pro- and anti-CAA protesters turned violent.
IANS

‘Women belong to nobody except themselves’, Rahul Gandhi attacks ‘Manusmriti Mindset’

Pune: Expressing his view that women are the greatest strength of the nation, Congress MP and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi, on Saturday launched a sharp critique...

Human rights body for equal treatment in rehbilitation of surrendered Maoists

By Naz Asghar New Delhi: While the government claims to have achieved a lot under its Maoists surrender policy, still there are many areas that need attention as has been...

Shashi Tharoor questions delay in LGBTQIA+ Panel’s work

New Delhi: The Centre's High-Powered Committee constituted to examine issues concerning same-sex couples has met only twice since its formation more than two years ago and is yet to submit...

NHRC summons Delhi Police Commissioner over delay in enquiry into Instagram ads promoting child sexual abuse material

New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued summons to the Delhi Police Commissioner for failing to submit an Action Taken Report (ATR) within the stipulated time...

First pellet guns, now AK-47; are they terrorists: Priyanka Gandhi on Bihar cop’s viral video

  New Delhi: Congress MP Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Monday criticised the BJP-led Centre over the alleged use of force against protesting students, while referring to the use of an...

NHRC seeks probe report on alleged excessive force by UP Police in Meerut protest

New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has taken cognisance of a complaint alleging excessive use of force by the Uttar Pradesh Police during a protest in Meerut demanding...

Would not give up building institutions under govt pressure: Akbaruddin Owaisi on Fatima college demolition row

Hyderabad: All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader in Telangana Assembly, Akbaruddin Owaisi, has said that he would continue to build educational institutions and declared that if one institution was demolished,...

Have received a week’s notice for house demolition, says Ram Mandir theft accused’s grandfather

Ayodhya: The grandfather of one of the eight accused in the Ram Temple embezzlement case, Lavkush Mishra, on Friday said that the family has received a week's notice for demolition...

Baloch activist writes to Trump over Pakistani court verdict on Mahrang Baloch, seeks fair trial

Washington: Tara Chand, President of the Baloch American Congress, has written to US President Donald Trump expressing grave concern over the life imprisonment handed down to Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC)...

‘Illegal and unacceptable’: UN Special Rapporteur condemns detention of Afghan women over dress code

Kabul: The UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Afghanistan, Richard Bennett, has expressed concern over the detention of Afghan women for violating the Taliban's dress code,...

Exiled activist urges Bangladesh PM Tarique Rahman to stop attacks on Hindus

Dhaka: Exiled Bangladeshi author and human rights activist Taslima Nasreen has written to Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman, expressing grave concern over escalating attacks on Hindus in the country. She...

Tharoor defends ‘Cockroach Janta Party’ satire, warns against suppressing youth dissent

  New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Friday defended the controversial “Cockroach Janta Party” (CJP), asserting that claims portraying the movement as a Pakistani-manufactured conspiracy were “too simplistic”...

Read Previous

Most popular leader on FB, Modi mulls socal media exit; Rahul suggests ”give up hatred” instead

Read Next

Delhi violence: PMO calls meet with insurers for quick, hassle-free settlements

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com