Moscow suffers biggest Ukrainian drone attack in 2 years

Moscow: Moscow came under the largest Ukrainian drone attack in two years, with 620 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) targeting the Russian capital, Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin said on Tuesday.

 

“From yesterday evening until 5:00 a.m. today, 620 UAVs were flying toward the Moscow region. Of these, 180 drones were destroyed,” Sobyanin said, adding that emergency crews were working at the debris sites. No casualties or major damage were immediately reported.

In response to the aerial threat, flight operations at Moscow’s Vnukovo, Zhukovsky and Domodedovo airports were temporarily halted, while Sheremetyevo Airport operated under partial restrictions, reports Xinhua news agency.

The previous record for a drone strike on Moscow was set on Sunday night, involving some 600 UAVs.

Earlier on August 12, three were killed and eight others injured in a Ukrainian drone strike on Russia’s Novorossiysk city. Krasnodar Governor Veniamin Kondratyev confirmed the news.

Novorossiysk Mayor Andrei Kravchenko declared a state of emergency after the strikes damaged several educational facilities and ruptured two water mains, disrupting supplies to the city.

One main has been repaired, while work continues on the other, he said.

Authorities in other Russian regions also reported civilian casualties. In the Belgorod region, two people were killed and three others injured in drone strikes over the past 24 hours. In the Russia-controlled Luhansk region, one child was killed, and a teenager and seven adults were wounded. In Crimea, one person was killed.

The strike targeted Russia’s naval base in Novorossiysk, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Wednesday.

The naval base is key for the Russian fleet in the Black Sea. According to Zelensky, air defence positions, piers and seaport infrastructure were hit.

 

IANS

Students end hunger strike as Jharkhand govt cancels JSSC-CGL, TDPL Exams; agitation continues over CBI probe

Ranchi: Four students, including student leader Devendra Nath Mahto, ended their hunger strike on Tuesday after the Jharkhand government announced the cancellation of all examinations conducted by the Jharkhand Staff...

Trump says Iran unwilling to agree to deal he considers necessary

Washington: US President Donald Trump said that Tehran wants to reach an agreement with Washington but is unwilling to accept the kind of deal he considers necessary, as a 60-day...

‘Hugging world leaders is not foreign policy’: Rahul Gandhi targets PM Modi

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday mocked Prime Minister Narendra Modi's foreign policy, questioning what he described as an excessive focus on personal ties with world leaders.  ...

Trump leaves door open to election emergency, says stranger things have happened

Washington: President Donald Trump appeared to leave open the possibility of declaring a national security emergency to impose voter identification and citizenship requirements ahead of the US midterm elections. “Stranger...

Tamil Thaai Vazhthu to be sung first at all official events in Tamil Nadu

Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government has directed that Tamil Thaai Vazhthu, the official State song, must be rendered first at all government, public and educational functions across the State. A...

Justice Varma cash row: Panel rejects his defence, finds charges proved

New Delhi: A three-member inquiry committee constituted by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has found all three charges against former Delhi High Court judge Justice Yashwant Varma proved in connection...

Veteran White House reporter breaks 26-year silence on Clinton’s 2000 Pakistan decoy plane

Washington: A veteran White House reporter has broken a 26-year silence to reveal that the Clinton administration briefed journalists before using a decoy aircraft during the US president’s high-risk visit...

Trump says he would ‘love to run’ for another term in 2028 despite legal hurdle

Washington: US President Donald Trump said that he would “love to run” for another term in 2028 but acknowledged that the law presents a formidable barrier to such a bid....

Air India Phuket-Delhi turbulence incident: Pilot tests positive in confirmatory drug test

New Delhi: The pilot-in-command of an Air India flight that experienced a sudden loss of altitude of around 300 feet on its way from Phuket to Delhi last week reportedly...

US judge dismisses Adani fraud charges

Washington:A US judge has dismissed criminal fraud charges against Indian billionaire Gautam Adani after the Justice Department abandoned the prosecution. US District Judge Nicholas Garaufis on Monday dismissed with prejudice...

Trump smuggled out of Air Force 1 in food cart to military jet in Turkey to evade threat: Report

New York: US President Donald Trump was put in a food truck after he boarded Air Force 1 in Turkey and smuggled to a military jet to take him to...

Iran says Strait of Hormuz will not reopen until US continues naval blockade

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei said on Monday that the Strait of Hormuz will not reopen until the US continues its naval blockade against Iran, local media reported....

Read Previous

BJP appoints Vinod Tawde as UP in-charge, steps up preparations for 2027 Assembly polls

Read Next

Araghchi warns of ‘false-flag ploys’ to sow discord between Iran, Iraq’s Kurdistan region

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com