UAE: Five Indians among 12 injured by falling missile debris in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi: As many as 12 people, including five Indian nationals, were injured on Friday due to the falling missile debris after a successful interception carried out by UAE’s air defence systems in Ajban area of Abu Dhabi.

 

“As part of the ongoing follow-up to the previously reported incident in the Ajban area caused by falling debris following the successful interception by air defence systems, authorities confirm that the incident has resulted in minor to moderate injuries sustained by six individuals of Nepali nationality and five individuals of Indian nationality, and one major injury sustained by an individual of Nepali nationality. The public is reminded to obtain information only from official sources and to avoid spreading rumours or unverified information,” Abu Dhabi Media Office posted on X.

Earlier in the day, the office said that authorities responded to an incident of falling debris in the Ajban area after a successful interception by air defence systems.

Meanwhile, UAE’s Ministry of Defence said that its air defence on Friday engaged 18 ballistic missiles, four cruise missiles and 47 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) launched from Iran.

According to the statement, UAE’s air defences have engaged 475 ballistic missiles, 23 cruise missiles and 2085 UAVs since the start of Iranian attacks.

“The attacks resulted in the martyrdom of two members of the armed forces while performing their national duty, in addition to the martyrdom of a Moroccan civilian contracted by the Armed Forces, as well as nine fatalities of Pakistani, Nepali, Bangladeshi, Palestinian and Indian nationalities.

“A total of 203 people were also injured, with injuries ranging from minor to moderate and severe. The injured included nationals of the UAE, Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Iran, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Azerbaijan, Yemen, Uganda, Eritrea, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Comoros, Türkiye, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Oman, Jordan, Palestine, Ghana, Indonesia, Sweden and Tunisia,” read the statement.

UAE’s Ministry of Defence expressed its readiness to deal with any threats and vowed to confront anything that aims to undermine the security of the UAE, in a manner that ensures the protection of its sovereignty, security and stability and safeguards its interests and national capabilities.

IANS

 

AIIMS report supports suicide angle in Twisha Sharma case

Bhopal: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal report on the belt recovered from the scene of Twisha Sharma’s death prima facie indicates suicide, corroborating preliminary findings, Assistant Commissioner...

SC’s stray dog order draws mixed reactions from animal activists, locals, lawyers

New Delhi: The Supreme Court’s refusal to recall its earlier directions on the management of stray dogs in public places, while issuing fresh directions for stricter implementation of the Animal...

Army Chief General Upendra Dwivedi calls for expanding ‘Smart Power’ in volatile world

New Delhi: Pointing to the turmoil in the Strait of Hormuz, Indian Army Chief General Upendra Dwivedi on Tuesday led discussions on how the country can integrate military, diplomatic, economic...

Adani case closure a booster for India-US economic ties: USISPF

Washington: The resolution of the legal matter involving Adani Enterprises Ltd removes a major distraction from the growing India-US economic partnership, and could pave the way for fresh Indian investments...

Messi’s India Tour event organiser files complaint against former Bengal minister, ex-DGP

Kolkata: Lionel Messi's 'GOAT India Tour-Kolkata edition' organiser Satadru Dutta has lodged a written complaint against former state Sports Minister Aroop Biswas at Bidhannagar South Police Station in connection with...

Jodhpur sisters’ suicide case: NCW takes suo motu cognisance, seeks report from Rajasthan Police

New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Tuesday took suo motu cognisance of media reports related to the alleged prolonged gang rape, blackmail, sexual exploitation and subsequent suicides...

Chandranath Rath murder probe: CBI arrests another accused in Uttar Pradesh

Kolkata: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested a youth from Uttar Pradesh on suspicion of involvement in the murder of Chandranath Rath, who was the personal assistant to...

US accepts to waive Iran’s oil sanctions in new negotiation, claims Iranian media

Tehran: The United States has agreed to waive Iran’s oil sanctions during negotiations, Iranian media claimed on Monday citing sources. According to Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency, the waiver by...

Bengal enhances upper age limit for govt recruitment by five years​

Kolkata: As promised in the Bharatiya Janata Party pre-election Sankalp Patra, the new West Bengal government led by the ninth Chief Minister, Suvendu Adhikari, has enhanced the upper age limit...

PM Modi conferred with 32nd global honour — Grand Cross of Royal Norwegian Order of Merit

Oslo: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with Norway's top honour, Grand Cross of the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit, by King Harald V in Oslo on Monday. This marks...

Canada confirms first hantavirus case

Ottawa: The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has confirmed a case of hantavirus in a cruise passenger currently isolating in British Columbia following laboratory testing. PHAC said in a...

Unacceptable: India expresses deep concern over attack on UAE’s Barakah nuclear facility; calls for restraint, diplomacy

New Delhi: India has expressed serious concern over the reported drone strike targeting the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the United Arab Emirates, describing the incident as a dangerous escalation...

Read Previous

Not our war: French citizens’ representative backs decision to stay away from West Asia conflict

Read Next

Manipur doctor saves young woman passenger on Air India’s Tokyo-Delhi flight

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com