Nation– NRC: Assam BJP seeks extension of 1 month for objections

August 6, 2018

Guwahati: The Assam unit of the BJP has appealed to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to extend by one month the time fixed for filing objections to the published draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC).

The Bharatiya Janata Party-led Assam government on July 30, published the complete draft of the NRC which included the names of 2,89,83,677 out of a total of 3,29,91,384 applicants.

The draft excluded 40,07,707 applicants’ names due to some discrepancies.

“We believe that not a single foreigner’s name should be included in the final NRC.

“At the same time, names of not a single genuine Indian citizen should be excluded from the final NRC.

“The figure of 40,07,707 is a huge one and hence we believe that there should be more time given to file claims and objections so that all genuine cases are included in the document,” said BJP Vice President (Assam unit) Majoj Ram Phukan.

A memorandum has been sent to Rajnath Singh in this regard.

Phukan also said that the draft NRC included names of some declared foreigners and appealed to the Home Minister to take appropriate action so that those could be corrected in the final NRC.
(IANS)

South Delhi school receives bomb threat in email

New Delhi: An email regarding a bomb being placed on a school campus in south Delhi was received on Monday. However, no bomb was found during the search operation by the...

Fake CBI’s JR director lobbying to get ‘No Entry’ permit for firm held

New Delhi: The Centre Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday arrested a man from Tamil Nadu Bhavan in Delhi, for allegedly impersonating as Joint Director of the CBI and lobbying to...

Aaftab reaches FSL Rohini for polygraph test

  New Delhi:  Aaftab Amin Poonawala, who brutally killed his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar, reached the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) here in Rohini on Monday for a polygraph test. The...

Minor creates fake IDs of two Delhi girls on FB, Insta to take revenge

New Delhi: The cyber team of North Delhi Police has apprehended a juvenile for allegedly sending vulgar messages to defame a minor girl and her sister by creating their fake IDs...

Vizhinjamport clash: Kerala Police file FIR, name Archbishop as accused

Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Police have registered an FIR on the Vizhinjam clashes and the Archbishop of the Latin Catholic Diocese, Thomas J. Netto has been named as the first accused. More...

AIIMS ransomware attack: Key patient data at risk of leak, sale on Dark Web

New Delhi: With the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, still struggling to get its servers up and running after a massive ransomware attack earlier this week,...

BJP leader held after celebratory firing kills bouncer

Kanpur: A BJP leader named Ramji Gupta has been arrested for allegedly opening fire from his licensed double-barrel gun that hit a bouncer, killing him on the spot. The incident took...

Mehrauli murder: Delhi court sends Aaftab to 14-day judicial custody

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday sent Aaftab Amin Poonawalla, accused of killing his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar, to 14 days judicial custody. He was produced before the Saket court...

Australia beach murder: Delhi court sends nurse to five-day judicial custody

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday sent a 38-year-old Indian-origin nurse, who allegedly killed an Australian woman in Queensland in 2018, to five-day judicial custody till November 30. Rajwinder Singh,...

Man who defended Aftab Poonawala arrested in UP

Bulandshahr: A man, who had announced his support in a video clip to Aftab Ameen Poonawala, the main accused in the murder of Shraddha Walkar, has been arrested. Vikas Kumar had...

Karnataka temple management seeks security after threat from Islamic outfit

Bengaluru: Following a threat from the Islamic Resistance Council (IRC), an unknown Islamic outfit, the management of Kadri Manjunatha temple has sought additional security, police said on Friday. Jayamma, the temple's...

Mangaluru blast: Videos of Zakir Naik recovered from accused’s mobile

Dakshina Kannada: Karnataka police have recovered a series of videos of Islamic preacher Zakir Naik from the mobile of Mohammad Shariq, the accused in the Mangaluru auto blast case, sources said...

Read Previous

Saudi Arabia expels Canadian ambassador, recalls envoy

Read Next

China tests first hypersonic aircraft, can carry nuclear warheads

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com