Mangaluru blast: Videos of Zakir Naik recovered from accused’s mobile

Dakshina Kannada: Karnataka police have recovered a series of videos of Islamic preacher Zakir Naik from the mobile of Mohammad Shariq, the accused in the Mangaluru auto blast case, sources said on Friday.

The state government has handed over the case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) for further investigation. The police will submit to the agency all the inputs gathered about Shariq.

Mohammad Shariq, suspected terrorist from Shivamogga district, was earlier involved in a graffiti case. Later, he managed to disappear and join hands with global terror network.

The police have also retrieved bomb making videos from his mobile. After visiting the spot on Friday, Minister for Power, Kannada and Culture V. Sunil Kumar said that the central government is contemplating to establish an NIA unit in Karnataka.

He said that the government is trying to contain the subversive activities by imposing a ban on the Popular Front of India (PFI). The conspiracies of terrorists have been foiled and their attempts to target Hindus have been failed, the minister added.

“We never adopted soft approach towards terror activities. People should get away from this kind of mindset. These developments could not be considered lightly,” he said.

This incident must be condemned and people should be careful about the support system for the terror acts. The people are opposing the incidents of Praveen Kumar Nettare murder, disturbing activities by the SDPI, he stated.

Islamic Resistance Council (IRC), an unknown Islamic outfit, on Thursday claimed responsibility for the November 19 Mangaluru auto blast and warned of another attack in future.

The outfit has also warned the ADGP (Law and Order) Alok Kumar who is stationed at Mangaluru and personally monitoring the investigations into the blast case.

“Alok Kumar, your joy would be short-lived. You pay for your acts of dominance sooner,” the outfit warned. The police sources have confirmed that they have taken the warning seriously. The probe in this regard has already been initiated by central agencies.

Meanwhile, the probe revealed that the suspected terrorist Mohammad Shariq was planning to carry out explosion at a children fest and the Kadri Manjunatha swamy temple “Laksh deepotsav” programme in Mangaluru.

-IANS

AIIMS ransomware attack: Key patient data at risk of leak, sale on Dark Web

New Delhi: With the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, still struggling to get its servers up and running after a massive ransomware attack earlier this week,...

BJP leader held after celebratory firing kills bouncer

Kanpur: A BJP leader named Ramji Gupta has been arrested for allegedly opening fire from his licensed double-barrel gun that hit a bouncer, killing him on the spot. The incident took...

Mehrauli murder: Delhi court sends Aaftab to 14-day judicial custody

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday sent Aaftab Amin Poonawalla, accused of killing his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar, to 14 days judicial custody. He was produced before the Saket court...

Australia beach murder: Delhi court sends nurse to five-day judicial custody

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday sent a 38-year-old Indian-origin nurse, who allegedly killed an Australian woman in Queensland in 2018, to five-day judicial custody till November 30. Rajwinder Singh,...

Man who defended Aftab Poonawala arrested in UP

Bulandshahr: A man, who had announced his support in a video clip to Aftab Ameen Poonawala, the main accused in the murder of Shraddha Walkar, has been arrested. Vikas Kumar had...

Karnataka temple management seeks security after threat from Islamic outfit

Bengaluru: Following a threat from the Islamic Resistance Council (IRC), an unknown Islamic outfit, the management of Kadri Manjunatha temple has sought additional security, police said on Friday. Jayamma, the temple's...

Delhi excise policy scam: Seven made accused by CBI in first charge sheet

New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday filed its first charge sheet in the Delhi excise policy scam and named seven persons as accused, including two former Excise...

Youth shot dead in Rajasthan’s Bhilwara, Internet suspended for 48 hours

Jaipur: Tension erupted in Rajasthan's Bhilwara district following a firing incident in which a man was killed. The police imposed a 48-hour shutdown on Internet services after people took to...

Bihar woman gets triple talaq over phone, case lodged

Patna: A woman in Bihar's Rohtas district alleged that she was given 'triple talaq' by her husband over phone. The victim, Tarannum, lodged a complaint in women police station in Rohtas...

Gurugram: National-level athlete player among 5 thrashed by bar bouncers, manager

Gurugram: A national-level athlete player and his four friends sustained injuries after they were allegedly beaten up by three-four bouncers and a manager at Studio Xo bar in Sector-29 market of...

Mangaluru blast: Islamic outfit claims responsibility, warns of another attack

Bengaluru: Islamic Resistance Council (IRC), an unknown Islamic outfit, on Thursday claimed responsibility for the November 19 Mangaluru auto blast and warned of another attack in future. The investigating agencies have...

UP Police claim: ‘Rats ate up 581 kg marijuana’

  Mathura (UP): Bizarre as it may sound, the Mathura police have claimed that rats ate up over 500 kilograms of marijuana. According to a report submitted by Mathura police...

Read Previous

Delhi HC: Amitabh Bachchan’s name, voice and image can’t be used without permission

Read Next

AAP files complaint against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari with State EC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com