France bans Israeli minister Ben-Gvir from entering country

Paris: French Foreign Minister Jean-Noel Barrot has said that Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir had been banned from entering France effective immediately.

In a post on social platform X, Barrot said on Saturday that the decision followed Ben-Gvir’s “unqualifiable” actions toward French and European citizens aboard the Gaza-bound Global Sumud flotilla.

“We cannot tolerate French nationals being threatened, intimidated or subjected to violence in such a manner, especially by a public official,” Barrot said, Xinhua news agency reported.

He also called on the European Union to impose sanctions on Ben-Gvir.

Hundreds of members from a Gaza-bound aid flotilla were brought to Israel’s Ashdod Port on Wednesday, as Ben-Gvir released the video showing some of them shackled and forced to the ground.

In the video, released by Ben-Gvir on his social media channels, dozens of activists are shown kneeling on the floor, bent forward with their heads down and hands bound behind their backs with zip ties, as the Israeli national anthem is played loudly over speakers.

Organisers of the Global Sumud Flotilla said Israeli naval vessels intercepted all ships in the convoy in international waters, about 250 nautical miles off the coast of Gaza.

According to the organisers, 428 activists were “kidnapped” by Israel after the interception began on Monday morning.

Barrot on Wednesday condemned the treatment of activists from the Global Sumud flotilla, calling the actions of the Israeli side “unacceptable” and announcing that Israel’s Ambassador to France, Joshua L. Zarka, would be summoned.

Earlier this week, Israeli forces seized two humanitarian aid flotillas carrying South Korean activists arriving for the Gaza Strip.

The Lina Al Nabulsi, carrying South Korean activist Kim Ah-hyun and Korean American activist Jonathan Victor Lee, the Kyriakos X aid flotilla, which was carrying South Korean activist Kim Dong-hyeon, were seized.

Kim Ah-hyun and Kim Dong-hyeo were later released by Israel, according to the South Korean Presidential office.

IANS

Iran says Tehran, Washington working to finalise MoU on ending war

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said Iran and the United States are working to finalise a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the war. "At this stage, our...

Western nations release joint statement, warn Israel about policies and further entrenchment in West Bank

London: A joint statement was released by nine Western countries -- The UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway and the Netherlands on the serious situation in Israel's...

Trump administration preparing fresh round of military strikes on Iran: US media

Washington: The Trump administration is preparing for a fresh round of military strikes against Iran despite ongoing diplomatic efforts, US media reported, citing sources with direct knowledge of the planning....

In-principle understanding reached with Centre, say Ladakh groups

New Delhi: The Centre has proposed a fresh framework aimed at granting Ladakh greater legislative, financial and administrative authority within the existing Union Territory structure, according to a joint statement...

Tharoor defends ‘Cockroach Janta Party’ satire, warns against suppressing youth dissent

  New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Friday defended the controversial “Cockroach Janta Party” (CJP), asserting that claims portraying the movement as a Pakistani-manufactured conspiracy were “too simplistic”...

ECI announces Rajya Sabha polls for 24 seats in 10 states on June 18

  New Delhi: The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Friday announced the schedule for the biennial elections to the Rajya Sabha to fill 24 seats, which are falling vacant...

Pulwama plotter Hamza Burhan shot dead by unknown gunmen in PoK

New Delhi: Hamza Burhan, one of the key planners behind the Pulwama attack, was killed by unknown gunmen in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). The incident took place at Muzaffarabad in PoK,...

TN cabinet expansion: 23 ministers inducted; two from Congress take oath

Chennai: The C. Joseph Vijay-led Tamil Nadu government on Thursday carried out its first major Cabinet expansion, inducting 23 new ministers into the Council of Ministers in a move aimed...

India and Italy have elevated ties to Special Strategic Partnership, PM Modi announces in Rome

Rome: Announcing the elevation of India-Italy ties to a 'Special Strategic Partnership', Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that India-Italy Joint Strategic Action Plan 2025-2029 provides a practical and...

Trump says US was an hour away from striking Iran, action paused after allies’ appeal

Washington: US President Donald Trump said that the United States was “an hour away” from launching military action against Iran before regional partners urged him to pause, as he defended...

Thousands rally in Tokyo against Takaichi government’s push to revise pacifist constitution

Tokyo: Thousands of demonstrators gathered in front of Japan's National Diet Building in Tokyo to protest the government's attempts to undermine the country's pacifist constitution through constitutional revision and military...

Trump says Iran ‘wants to make deal so badly’

Washington: US President Donald Trump said that Iran “wants to make a deal so badly” after recent American military strikes, while claiming Tehran’s military infrastructure had been largely destroyed and...

Read Previous

US California declares state of emergency in Orange County after chemical incident

Read Next

Nigerian troops repel assault on military facility, kill 12 suspected terrorists

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com