Taliban warns Pakistan again, says Afghan forces ‘fully prepared’ to respond to any hostile action

 

Kabu: Kabul on Saturday said that its forces stand fully prepared to respond to any violation of Afghanistan’s territory, warning Pakistan that recent cross-border tensions will be met with decisive action, local media reported.

“Taliban authorities showcased hundreds of newly-graduated commandos this week as tensions with Pakistan rose sharply along the border. At a ceremony attended by senior officials, Taliban Deputy Prime Minister Abdul Ghani Baradar said Afghanistan would not tolerate any violation of its territory and was prepared to respond to any aggression,” Afghanistan’s leading Khaama Press news agency reported.

According to the Taliban Defence Ministry, the new commando units have received “full ideological and military training” and were ready to defend Afghanistan’s borders.

“Baradar warned neighbouring countries not to test the patience of Afghans and not to view Afghanistan territory with ill intent. During the ceremony, Taliban forces carried out helicopter manoeuvres and ground tactics to demonstrate operational readiness. The ministry said any foreign force seeking to breach Afghanistan soil would face a decisive response,” the news agency reported.

Another leading Afghan media outlet Tolo News reported that a group of religious scholars from Kabul’s 8th district, during a turban-tying ceremony, also criticised the Pakistani military regime’s attacks on Afghanistan, saying that no foreign power has ever succeeded in conquering the country.

“The Pakistani military regime, which threatens our system, progress, freedom, traditions, and heroism, cannot succeed,” Tolo News quoted Mohammad Elias Fateh, head of the scholars of Kabul’s 8th district, as saying.

Earlier this week, the Taliban regime had strongly condemned the Pakistani air strikes in the Afghan provinces of Paktika, Khost and Kunar, describing them as an infringement of the country’s sovereignty and a violation of all internationally recognised norms.

The Afghan government said on Tuesday that at least 10 civilians, including nine children, were killed after Pakistani forces struck a residential area in Khost, while separate air strikes in Kunar and Paktika injured four civilians.

Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman for the caretaker Afghan government, took to his social media platform, stressing that a necessary response would be taken at a proper time.

“The airstrikes carried out last night by Pakistani forces in Afghanistan’s Paktika, Khost, and Kunar provinces constitute a direct assault on Afghanistan’s sovereignty and a clear breach of internationally recognised norms and principles by the Pakistani authorities,” Mujahid posted on X.

“These hostile actions by Pakistani forces achieve nothing; they only prove that operations driven by flawed intelligence inflame tensions and expose the ongoing failures of Pakistan’s military regime,” he added.

The Afghan spokesperson further mentioned that Kabul has the right to defend its territory and that an “appropriate response will be given at the appropriate time.”

The attack, according to officials, took place shortly after midnight and targeted the home of a local, reigniting concerns about escalating hostilities along the border.

Mujahid stated that the strike occurred around 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday in the Mughalgai area of Khost’s Gurbuz district.

–IANS

US President hints at running for 3rd term with ‘Trump 2028’ AI image

Washington:US President Donald Trump drew attention after posting an AI-generated image on his Truth Social account showing him holding a blue sign that read “TRUMP 2028, YES!” The post was...

Putin to visit India next week for 23rd India-Russia Annual Summit, MEA confirms

  New Delhi: Russian President Vladimir Putin will travel to India on December 4–5 for the 23rd India-Russia Annual Summit, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said on Friday. The...

Shooting fallout: Prez Trump announces plan to halt migration from Third World nations

  New Delhi: Days after an Afghan national allegedly opened fire at two National Guard members near the White House, US President Donald Trump has announced a sweeping immigration decision,...

Rahul Gandhi rakes up rising pollution in Delhi-NCR

  New Delhi; As Delhi-NCR's air quality continues to deteriorate, Leader of the Opposition (LoP) in Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi, on Friday said that India’s children are choking due to...

11 dead as test train ploughs into railway workers in China’s Yunnan

  Yunnan (China):  A test train crashed into a group of railway workers in China's southwestern Yunnan province early Thursday (local time), killing 11 people and injuring two others, according...

Death toll in Hong Kong building fire rises to 55: Fire department

  Hong Kong: The death toll in a major fire that tore through a residential area in Hong Kong from Wednesday afternoon has risen to 55, said the Fire Services...

Shivakumar’s cryptic X post heats up K’taka power tussle amid Kharge’s move to contain crisis

  Bengaluru: A fresh jolt hit Karnataka’s ruling Congress amid party chief Mallikarjun Kharge’s move to resolve the power tussle, Deputy Chief Minister and Karnataka Congress president D.K. Shivakumar on...

Pakistan: Political parties announce mobilisation campaign against 27th Constitutional Amendment

  Islamabad: As part of its continued “struggle” against the 27th Constitutional Amendment, the joint opposition alliance of Tehreek Tahaffuz-e-Ayeen-Pakistan (TTAP) announced a three-day public mobilisation campaign in the first...

WBSSC case: 300 HS teacher candidates disqualified for submitting fake experience certificates

  Kolkata:The West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) has disqualified 300 candidates -- all of whom had qualified for interviews for higher secondary teacher posts -- after they were found...

On last day in office, CJI Gavai flags challenges posed by social media

New Delhi: On the eve of passing the baton to his successor, Chief Justice of India B.R. Gavai on Sunday reflected upon the challenges thrown up by social media, adding...

Centre’s plan to bring Chandigarh under Article 240 triggers fierce political backlash in Punjab

Chandigarh: A major political storm has erupted in Punjab after the Centre signalled its intent to bring Chandigarh under the purview of Article 240 of the Constitution, a move that...

PM Modi calls for rethinking on global development parameters, proposes path-breaking initiatives at G20 Summit

Johannesburg: Delivering an impactful address at the opening session of the G20 Leaders' Summit in Johannesburg, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday proposed a series of path-breaking new initiatives and...

Read Previous

UN human rights chief raises concern over Pakistan’s new constitutional amendments

Read Next

US President hints at running for 3rd term with ‘Trump 2028’ AI image

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com